Thursday, December 31, 2009

2009: The missing year

Where did it all go?

Actually, 2009 was never here. For me I mean that almost literally... it was a blur... but as for my blog...

2009 was one of the most difficult years of my adult life. Accepting my first post-school job right out of the gate was a real treat. I was thrilled to be starting my internship at the largest, and arguably most successful, Architecture firm in Eugene. However, this was also the busiest year for said business and, with a recession looming, it seemed wise to not hire too many more individuals to take up the slack. Weekend work, a baby on the way, and long nights resulted in a very demanding year. On top of that, I had already accepted 12 wedding shoots with the expectation that I wouldn't be able to find architecture work just out of school.

So no posts in 2009.

I'm back to "photographying" and being a stay-at-home, searching-for-work, Dad while weathering the recession. More posts in 2010!

No comments: